Here are some Christmas activities which focus on learning and using Chrismas vocabulary. And if you want to finish on a high note, don’t forget Pass the Bomb! which is the ultimate in fun, last lesson activities.
- Christmas scatter sheet (pdf) and exercises (see how to use scatter sheets for more information)
- Christmas pics (zip) for photo taboo
- Christmas conversation questions (pdf) – from our bank of ESL conversation questions
New Year activities
The end of the year is a great time for practising future tenses. I like to get my students to make new year’s resolutions using going to + verb, you could always tie this in with the fortune telling game. Present Continuous as future form also lends itself to talking about fixed plans for the Christmas / winter holiday.
- End of year review questions (pdf) – mixed tense questions
- End of year review activity for teens (pdf)
Christmas activities from other sources
- Alex Case has a great list of Christmas related activities at Tefltastic including the Xmas Party Negotiation Game.
- Nice, short video on YouTube – The Man That Celebrates Christmas Every Day!